[llvmlinux] LLVMLinux Meeting Minutes 2014.01.14

Behan Webster behanw at converseincode.com
Mon Jan 20 17:20:07 UTC 2014

*

LLVMLinux Project: http://llvm.linuxfoundation.org/

<http://llvm.linuxfoundation.org/>

This week the meeting will be on Thursday, January 14 2014 on Google
Plus Hangout at 20:00 UTC.

<https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=su5vu85fj58ncfrgalmq4vbbf0%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=GMT>

If you haven't use G+ Hangouts before, make sure you have the
appropriate Chrome or Firefox plugin installed, and tested before the
time of the meeting. You can try a test hangout with me today before the
meeting if you want to. G+ recently changed, so hopefully that won't be
an issue for our meeting.

Agenda for this week:

  *

    (5 mins total) Everyone shared a quick summary of the progress
    they've made from the last 4 weeks

          +

            Planning for the upcoming year for LLVMLinux

          +

            Reviewing ARM patches for 3.4 LLVM version

          +

            Asked for new git repos

        Jan-Simon

          +

            Patches for implementing 16-bit x86 support (from David
            Woodhouse)

          +

            Backporting 16-bit patch to llvm release_3.4 (from
            git://git.infradead.org/~dwmw2/llvm.git)

          +

            setup target using linux-next (x86)

              #

                EFI runtime support fails in assembly (x86)

        Muhammad

          +

            Needs a build machine to contribute

        Vinicius Tinti

          +

            I have been busy on this week

        Renato Golin

          +

            Cleaning up Clang patches for compatibility with new GCC
            standard

        Mark

          +

            Updated prebuild LLVM to 3.4

          +

            Updated patches for vexpress, msm and Nexus 4

  *

    (45 mins) General meeting discussions:

        2014 is going to be the year for LLVMLinux! :)

        LLVM 3.4 release

          +

            Move patches to 3.4 (simplify cc-option patch, etc)

          +

            Sprint on Wednesday to work on it  (Google Hangout)

          +

            Renato is looking for ARM related bugs to fix in LLVM for 3.5

        Call-For-Participation out for all LF conferences

          +

            For those of you who wish to submit talks, start thinking
            about your topics

          +

            If you can't attend, ideas for talks are good too

          +

            It would be nice to have a talk at LLVM conf surrounding the
            Merged Global issues

          +

            EuroLLVM conf is 7./8. April in EDI

          +

            Jan-Simon will be giving 2 talks at FOSDEM 2014 (LLVM
            Devroom and Lightning talks)

          +

            There will be one small conf on Brazil that I may go (Vinicius).

        Linaro and Android

          +

            Despite Google not officially working on LLVM support for
            Android

          +

            They want to concentrate on moving to 64-bit in 2014

          +

            Porting Linaro toolchain to Android

          +

            Vinicius and Renato are benchmarking the LLVMLinux kernel
            and running CTS

        Yocto and LLVM

          +

            patches for linux kernel v3.10 available

        VLAIS patch for USB Gadget

          +

            USB gadget code accepted by Greg KH

          +

            Netfilter patch (still) needs to be upstreamed next

        Named Registers in Clang

          +

            No contact with gcc people yet

          +

            Update on __builtin_stack_pointer

          +

            Patches need to be reworked for v3.4 and resubmitted to lkml

        x86-code16 support

          +

            David Woodhouse worked on this and has a git tree up for HEAD.

          +

            If we use 3.4, we'd need it on-top of 3.4

        new git repos

          +

            new repos requested for buildbot, yocto meta-llvmlinux, and
            glibc

        buildbot

          +

            must be reworked to easily add new targets

          +

            x86 target now working

          +

            new targets target needed for: linux-next, android-kernel
            (N5, new N7)

          +

            add vexpress-64 our test system

  *

    (5 mins) Each meeting attendee listed the top 2 items to be worked
    on for the next 2 weeks

          +

            Behan

              #

                patch port to clang v3.4 (sprint)

              #

                upload buildbot config

              #

                yocto kernel recipe

              #

                LLVMLinux patches (named registers, VLAIS)

              #

                Webpage updates

          +

            Jan-Simon

              #

                Work on x86/code16 support

              #

                publish linux-next target

              #

                patch for vlais in wifi stack (mac8211/cfg80211)

          +

            Vinicius Tinti

              #

                add android-kernel N5

              #

                add android-kernel N7 (2013)

              #

                propose a new naming standard for targets

              #

                benchmark and compare gcc vs clang kernel in Android context

              #

                run and compare Android CTS in gcc vs clang in Android