[llvmlinux] Added patch for detection of compilers that support unwind for ARM. Now clang is detected.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jan 23 12:09:10 UTC 2014

(Apologies for the duplicate, Mark. Trying to get the list address right
this time...)

> commit f9e50e684bb89f8128eb7b713347a8663418083a

> +--- a/arch/arm/kernel/unwind.c
> ++++ b/arch/arm/kernel/unwind.c
> +@@ -31,7 +31,7 @@
> + #warning Your compiler does not have EABI support.
> + #warning    ARM unwind is known to compile only with EABI compilers.
> + #warning    Change compiler or disable ARM_UNWIND option.
> +-#elif (__GNUC__ == 4 && __GNUC_MINOR__ <= 2)
> ++#elif (__GNUC__ == 4 && __GNUC_MINOR__ <= 2) && !defined(__clang__)
> + #warning Your compiler is too buggy; it is known to not compile ARM unwind support.
> + #warning    Change compiler or disable ARM_UNWIND option.
> + #endif

Hm. I would dearly love to see a policy that we *never* commit
workarounds like that without an *explicit* reference to a filed PR.

As I write this, there are precisely seven bugs listed at
http://llvm.org/bugs/showdependencytree.cgi?id=4068&hide_resolved=1

Is that really all there is?

Apart from backports from LLVM head to the stable release we're using,
we should have no patches against our build of LLVM/clang, and no
patches in the kernel to work around LLVM/clang issues, which are not
explicitly referring to a bug in that list.

--
dwmw2