[llvmlinux] Added patch for detection of compilers that support unwind for ARM. Now clang is detected.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jan 23 17:15:43 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-01-23 at 09:03 -0800, Mark Charlebois wrote:
> I'm not sure I follow why the kernel being written only to test for
> specific GCC versions is a clang bug that should be filed against
> LLVM?

Ah, I think I misread the patch. I thought it was adding a warning on
clang (well, causing an existing workaround to be invoked for clang
too).

But on closer inspection it looks like it's actually *disabling* the
warning? The version(s) of clang which pretend to be GCC 4.2 and below
do *not* suffer this bug, while GCC 4.2 itself does?

In that case, that's something that can go directly upstream to Linus'
tree, surely? The commit message should probably be a little clearer
about precisely what's being done and why, and what's in our repository
should include a reference to the patch on l{a,}kml, perhaps?

--
dwmw2