[llvmlinux] Added patch for detection of compilers that support unwind for ARM. Now clang is detected.

PaX Team pageexec at freemail.hu
Tue Jan 28 23:03:47 UTC 2014

On 28 Jan 2014 at 16:22, David Woodhouse wrote:

> http://git.linuxfoundation.org/?p=llvmlinux/kernel.git;a=commitdiff;h=112693
>
> While I'm looking at that commit... 'addr32 stosb' doesn't build with
> -integrated-as. But 'stosb %al, %es:(%edi)' should do the right thing
> with my patches from
> http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/llvm.git/shortlog/refs/heads/release_34

it used to work but is apparently broken now ;).

as to your earlier question about what else is missing, i'm attaching my
patch against llvm trunk that i've been carrying for some time now that
does this:

- .octa support (very simple, only what's needed for linux)
- nested macros
- an x86 relocation handling bug (X86MCCodeEmitter.cpp)
- rip relative addressing support for the kernel

there're also more features missing from IA that are needed for various
amd64 crypto files but i never worked on that.

cheers,
 PaX Team