[llvmlinux] v3.16 merge window is open

Sedat Dilek sedat.dilek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 08:21:15 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 7:41 AM, Behan Webster <behanw at converseincode.com> wrote:
> Despite v3.15 kernel being moved to rc8, the v3.16 kernel merge window has
> been opened early.
>
> So that means that any patches which need to get into v3.16 which need any
> final polish need to be finished up now.
>
> I'll be submitting what patches we have in linux-next in a few days.

Where are those patches which need a refresh for Linux v3.16-rc1?

On [1] I see a lot of patches with no proper subject.
For example:
overflow-warn, spinlock, unhandled_else, percpu, unwind_support, etc.
What sort of patches do you name like this, RFC (not final, needs testing)?

What name-convention do you have on llvmlinux patches?
Is that documented somewhere?

[1] is AFAICS the place where Linux-next is pulling llvmlinux changes.

Please, clear the facts.

- Sedat -

[1] http://git.linuxfoundation.org/?p=llvmlinux/kernel.git;a=summary