[llvmlinux] Problem in Sync and fetch needed external projects

Behan Webster behanw at converseincode.com
Fri Jun 13 14:46:42 UTC 2014

On 06/13/14 06:25, zhanglf wrote:

> First when we ran $ make CONFIG=config.mk sync-all in
> ../llvmlinux/targets/nexus7 directory, we get this error
> Cloning shared kernel repo...
> Cloning into bare repository
> '/Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/arch/all/kernel.git'...
> remote: Counting objects: 3648768, done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (552089/552089), done.
> fatal: read error: Operation timed out8), 175.42 MiB | 114.00 KiB/s
> fatal: early EOF
> fatal: index-pack failed
> make[1]: ***
> [/Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/arch/all/kernel.git]
> Error 128
> make: *** [sync-all] Error 2

What happened was that the git operation timed out. Had you just run it
again, it may have not timed out the second time. Probably just a
network connectivity problem at the time.

> then I made a directory
> /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/arch/all/kernel.git' and
> do git init in this directory.
I'm afraid by doing this you caused all the errors you posted after
this. Delete that directory and start again.

rm -rf /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/arch/all/kernel.git
cd /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/targets/nexus7
make CONFIG=config.mk sync-all

It should work then.

> And I can't find solutions from the Internet. Can you help me out with
> this? And the operation system we use is Mac OS X Version 10.8.5.
> Thanks a lot!
In this case, it wasn't an issue, but we don't currently guarantee that
the LLVMLinux build system works on anything other than Linux. It's
purely a matter that none of the people in the project use anything
other than Linux. Essentially, although it probably works on OSX, nobody
is currently testing that it works on anything other than Linux.

Patches always welcome of course.

behanw at converseincode.com