[llvmlinux] Problem in Sync and fetch needed external projects

Behan Webster behanw at converseincode.com
Sun Jun 15 19:24:44 UTC 2014

On 06/15/14 06:34, zhanglf wrote:
> When I ran *$ **make CONFIG=config.mk sync-all*, first following was
> shown to the terminal,
>          I: Forcing LLVMLinux commit specified at config.mk
> Current HEAD does not match with checkpoint config.mk. Please run:
>    git checkout 6f941c4a48a958417c0dae1e7a92131bc7bee34f
> make[1]: *** [llvm-sync] Error 1
> make: *** [sync-all] Error 2
You seem to be building against a checkpoint. That means you are using a
configuration file from a past version of the buildsystem. This error is
saying you need to go back to that previous version of the build system.

> Then I did as told:
> $ git checkout 6f941c4a48a958417c0dae1e7a92131bc7bee34f
> Note: checking out '6f941c4a48a958417c0dae1e7a92131bc7bee34f'.
>
> You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
> changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
> state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.
Here you correctly checkout that version of the build system. It is a
"detached HEAD" because there isn't a branch for this version. This is
okay; just a warning which you can ignore.

> And then ran***$ **make CONFIG=config.mk sync-all* again: then it
> stays in following like forever,
>            Cloning kernel...
>           Checking out kernel branch...
>          [ -d
> /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/targets/nexus7/src/android_kernel_nexus7/.git
> ] || (rm -rf
> /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/targets/nexus7/src/android_kernel_nexus7
> && git clone --reference
> /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/arch/all/kernel.git
> git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_asus_grouper -b cm-10.1
> /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/targets/nexus7/src/android_kernel_nexus7
> )
> Cloning into
> '/Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/targets/nexus7/src/android_kernel_nexus7'…
>
> The Internet was fine and I have run the command(*$ **make
> CONFIG=config.mk sync-all*) repeatedly but it still stayed there and
> if I ran following command
>
> [ -d
> /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/targets/nexus7/src/android_kernel_nexus7/.git
> ] || (rm -rf
> /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/targets/nexus7/src/android_kernel_nexus7
> && git clone --reference
> /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/arch/all/kernel.git
> git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_asus_grouper -b cm-10.1
> /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/targets/nexus7/src/android_kernel_nexus7
> )
>
> it still showed following and stayed there.
> Cloning into
> '/Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/targets/nexus7/src/android_kernel_nexus7'…
>
> What problem do you think it is and what else should I do to overcome
> it? Thank you very much!
The clone can take a really long time depending on your network speed.
If you break out of it, it will delete anything it has downloaded, so
that if you try it again, it has to start all over. The kernel is big;
you just need to let it finish. It's only an issue for the very first
build (because it's doing the clone).

I'm assuming you're trying to build the kernel for the Nexus 7 2012?
This kernel will not work on the newer Nexus 7 2013 model (they have
different CPUs).

behanw at converseincode.com