[llvmlinux] Problem in Sync and fetch needed external projects

zhanglf zhanglf at morningtec.cn
Tue Jun 17 05:43:18 UTC 2014

Hi,

Finally I downloaded all the needed sources.

        $ make CONFIG=config.mk sync-all
	HEAD is now at 70ef6a5... xilinx_zynq: Fix wrong IRQ number of the second EHCI controller
	All external sources synced!

Then I tried to build the kernel, it shows that quilt and cmake can't be found as following:

        $ cd /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/targets/nexus7
	$ make all

	Patching LLVM...
	Applying patches to /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/toolchain/clang/src/llvm
	/bin/sh: quilt: command not found
	Finished state llvm-patch
	This build system doesn't know how check for dependencies on this platform
	Checking build dependencies
	All build dependencies were found
	Configure LLVM...
	/bin/sh: cmake: command not found
	make: *** [/Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/toolchain/clang/state/llvm-configure] Error 127

So then I installed both of them and build again, but new problems appeared:

     $ make all
     CMake Error at cmake/modules/AddLLVM.cmake:83 (add_executable):    add_executable cannot create target "llvm-symbolizer" because another
    target with the same name already exists.  The existing target is an
    executable created in source directory
    "/Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/toolchain/clang/src/llvm/projects/compiler-rt/utils/llvm-symbolizer".
    See documentation for policy CMP0002 for more details.
    See also "/Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/toolchain/clang/build/llvm/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
    See also "/Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/toolchain/clang/build/llvm/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
    make: *** [/Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/toolchain/clang/state/llvm-configure] Error 1

And if I remove the llvm-symbolizer directory and build again:

     $ make all
     CMake Error at projects/compiler-rt/utils/CMakeLists.txt:1 (add_subdirectory):
     add_subdirectory given source "llvm-symbolizer" which is not an existing
     directory.

     See also "/Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/toolchain/clang/build/llvm/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
     See also "/Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/toolchain/clang/build/llvm/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
     make: *** [/Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/toolchain/clang/state/llvm-configure] Error 1

So what is the problem there? What should I do to fix it? And if I ran $ make CONFIG=config.mk sync-all again, following information was displayed:
        …
        Unpacking objects: 100% (6/6), done.
	From git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux
	   7171511..68986c9  master     -> master
	make[2]: arm-linux-androideabi-gcc: Command not found
	Clang compiled Kernel is now clean
	…
	HEAD is now at 72e6ca1... Enable rndis support in kernel
	make[2]: arm-linux-androideabi-gcc: Command not found
	Gcc compiled Kernel is now clean
	…
	Cleaning LTP...
	rm -f /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/test/ltp/state/ltp-configure /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/test/ltp/state/ltp-build
	rm -rf /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/test/ltp/install
	make[4]: /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/test/ltp/src/ltp-full-20120614/gitignore_clean/Makefile: No such file or directory
	make[4]: *** No rule to make target `/Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/test/ltp/src/ltp-full-20120614/gitignore_clean/Makefile'.  Stop.
	/Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/test/ltp/src/ltp-full-20120614/pan/Makefile:43: ltp-scanner will not be built because a working copy of lex was not found
	(( test -e /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/test/ltp/tmp/ltp-full-20120614.bz2 && echo "Skipping cvs up (tarball present)" )|| ( cd    /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/test/ltp/src/ltp-full-20120614 && cvs update ))
    HEAD is now at 70ef6a5... xilinx_zynq: Fix wrong IRQ number of the second EHCI controller
   All external sources synced!

I wander if those would affect the build process. And if they would, how should I fix? Thank you very much.

Thanks and best regards,
Lifang Zhang
E: zhanglf at morningtec.cn
W: www.morningtec.cn