[llvmlinux] Problem in Sync and fetch needed external projects

Behan Webster behanw at converseincode.com
Wed Jun 18 03:14:27 UTC 2014

On 06/16/14 22:43, zhanglf wrote:

>      $ make all
> CMake Error at cmake/modules/AddLLVM.cmake:83 (add_executable):
> add_executable cannot create target "llvm-symbolizer" because another
>     target with the same name already exists.  The existing target is an
>     executable created in source directory
> "/Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/toolchain/clang/src/llvm/projects/compiler-rt/utils/llvm-symbolizer".
>     See documentation for policy CMP0002 for more details.
>      -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
>     See also
> "/Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/toolchain/clang/build/llvm/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
>     See also
> "/Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/toolchain/clang/build/llvm/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
> make: ***
> [/Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/toolchain/clang/state/llvm-configure]
> Error 1
Never seen this error. No idea.

> And if I remove the llvm-symbolizer directory and build again:
You should never need to do that. Probably a bad idea.

> $ make all
>      CMake Error at projects/compiler-rt/utils/CMakeLists.txt:1
> (add_subdirectory):
>      add_subdirectorygiven source "llvm-symbolizer" which is not an
> existing
>      directory.
Yup. Bad idea. :)

> So what is the problem there? What should I do to fix it?
Good question. If you figure it out let us know.

Just to get things working you might want to just concentrate on the
toolchain. For the moment it means no need for a config file either if
you do this and that makes it less effort for now.

$ cd toolchain/clang
$ make

You'll see the following warning, but it's fine:

I: Convenience Makefile. Normally this is run from one of the target
directories

> And if I ran *$ make CONFIG=config.mk sync-all*again, following
> information was displayed:
>> Unpacking objects: 100% (6/6), done.
> From git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux
>   7171511..68986c9  master     -> master
> make[2]: arm-linux-androideabi-gcc: Command not found
This isn't an issue. The cross android toolchain just hasn't been
downloaded yet. It tends to happen after building clang.

You can force all things to download with a:

$ make CONFIG=config.mk fetch-all

But this "Command not found" isn't an issue for now. It would be if you
were in the middle of compiling the kernel when it happened.

behanw at converseincode.com