[llvmlinux] Problem in Sync and fetch needed external projects

zhanglf zhanglf at morningtec.cn
Mon Jun 23 15:00:15 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thank you so much!!!!

------------------
Thanks and best regards,
Lifang Zhang
E: zhanglf at morningtec.cn
W: www.morningtec.cn
A: Office 915, Hongyi Building, 2158 Wanyuan Road Minhang Direction, Shanghai, China

From:  "Tinti"<viniciustinti at gmail.com>;
Date:  Mon, Jun 23, 2014 08:14 PM
To:  "zhanglf"<zhanglf at morningtec.cn>;
Subject:  Re: [llvmlinux] Problem in Sync and fetch needed external projects

Hi,

I am installing OS X and will give a try too. I let you know about my progress.

Regards,
Vinicius

 On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 7:05 AM, zhanglf <zhanglf at morningtec.cn> wrote:
 Hi,

The file system we are using is HFS+ and case  sensitive (Format :	Mac OS Extended (Case-sensitive, Journaled)).

Can you tell you what the file structure of the project should be? Because I am wondering if it is the wrong position of the files that causes this problem. Because someone has also encountered similar problems, and it is said that the reason is containing two similar directories.

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmbugs/2011-September/019885.html

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmbugs/2011-September/019902.html

For example, should there be two llvm-symbolizer directories before running build as following?

        $ cd toolchain/clang
         $ find . -name llvm-symbolizer

	./toolchain/clang/src/llvm/projects/compiler-rt/utils/llvm-symbolizer
	./toolchain/clang/src/llvm/tools/llvm-symbolizer

And is llvm-symbolizer very important in this project? I just learnt that it reads object file names and addresses from standard input and prints corresponding source code locations to standard output. But I don't know how it is used in this project, can I just remove it? Although maybe I shouldn't but I just tried to removed the CMakeLists.txt of llvm-symbolizer, and then build.

        $ cd /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/toolchain/clang/src/llvm/projects/compiler-rt/utils/llvm-symbolizer
 	$ mv CMakeLists.txt ~/Documents/
	$ cd /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/toolchain/clang
	$ make
	Convenience Makefile. Normally this is run from one of the target directories

 	Patching LLVM...
 	Applying patches to /Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/toolchain/clang/src/llvm

	patches/0001-Bug-13622-Fix-paired-register-for-inline-asm-with-64.patch
	patches/0001-pax-linux-llvm-x86_elf-emit-R_X86_64_32S.patch
 	patches/0003-pax-linux-llvm-x86_integrated-as-octa.patch
	patches/0004-pax-linux-llvm-x86_integrated-as-single-quoted-strin.patch
 	patches/0005-pax-linux-llvm-x86_kernel-riprel.patch
	Applying patch patches/0001-Bug-13622-Fix-paired-register-for-inline-asm-with-64.patch
 	patching file include/llvm/Target/TargetLowering.h
	Hunk #1 FAILED at 29.
	Hunk #2 FAILED at 1651.
 	2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file include/llvm/Target/TargetLowering.h
	patching file lib/CodeGen/SelectionDAG/SelectionDAGBuilder.cpp
 	Hunk #1 FAILED at 5729.
	Hunk #6 FAILED at 6393.
 	Hunk #7 FAILED at 6460.
	Hunk #8 FAILED at 6473.
	4 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file lib/CodeGen/SelectionDAG/SelectionDAGBuilder.cpp
 	patching file lib/Target/ARM/ARMISelLowering.cpp
	Hunk #1 FAILED at 10018.
	Hunk #2 succeeded at 10315 with fuzz 1 (offset 282 lines).
	1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file lib/Target/ARM/ARMISelLowering.cpp
 	patching file lib/Target/ARM/ARMISelLowering.h
	Hunk #1 FAILED at 347.
	1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- rejects in file lib/Target/ARM/ARMISelLowering.h
 	The next patch would create the file test/CodeGen/ARM/inlineasm-64bit.ll,
	which already exists!  Applying it anyway.
 	patching file test/CodeGen/ARM/inlineasm-64bit.ll
	Patch attempted to create file test/CodeGen/ARM/inlineasm-64bit.ll, which already exists.
 	Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
	1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- rejects in file test/CodeGen/ARM/inlineasm-64bit.ll
 	patching file test/CodeGen/ARM/thumb1-inlineasm-64bit.ll
	Patch patches/0001-Bug-13622-Fix-paired-register-for-inline-asm-with-64.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)
 	make: *** [/Volumes/macdat/scratch/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/toolchain/clang/state/llvm-patch] Error 1

Are those failures caused from the remove of CMakeLists.txt?

And I want to try to build the latest clang, but it is still downloading.

 And it seems that someone else has experienced the same problems with me, but no solution was provided :(. http://pastebin.com/DeTwVx7b

 Many thanks!

Thanks and best regards,
 Lifang Zhang