[llvmlinux] GSoC

Andrew Wells andrewmw94 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 00:24:51 UTC 2014

Hi all.  I'm Andrew Wells and I'm interested in participating in Google
Summer of Code with your project.  LLVM/Clang is something I've been
interested in since my junior year of highschool, but I haven't had much
chance to play around with it.  Looking through the proposals, I know
that I could do the patching of VLAIS one, but I kind of wanted to do
something that would be less straightforward and would involve more work
on LLVM.  Does anyone have suggestions for something more challenging?
Could you give more details on the LLVM - static analysis proposal?
(ie. Does reducing false positives mean changing the linux kernel so it
doesn't set them off or changing checker so that it doesn't give them?
What sort of "new checks specific to the kernel" are we talking about?)