[llvmlinux] Latest LLVMLinux Git not booting (both from build architecture and source tree)

Jan-Simon Moeller dl9pf at gmx.de
Mon Nov 3 16:50:49 UTC 2014

Am Montag, 3. November 2014, 10:18:47 schrieb Jason Gionta:
> Thanks for the reply. It seems your patch has fixes that are relevant. Why
> aren't these part of the latest tree? I cloned the resources from
> http://git.linuxfoundation.org/llvmlinux/kernel.git/ which is supposed to
> have the latest patches. Are there other patches that need to be applied to
> make a working and stable build?

Hi Jason,

llvmlinux is a work-in-progress tree upstreaming to linux and llvm.
Probably it got accidently remove during the reworking of the patches for
upstreaming. For quite some time we used gcc+gas for everything below
arch/x86/boot , which has hidden the issue.

I'll look into it - @David, do you think the regparm attribut + function
wrapping can be reused upstream ?

Best regards,
Jan-Simon