[llvmlinux] how can i get a set of patches for the specific version linux kernel (e.g. 3.11.1)

Behan Webster behanw at converseincode.com
Mon Nov 24 17:49:04 UTC 2014

On 11/21/14 01:45, remember?you wrote:
> my platform is x86_64.i use clang3.5 to compile linux kernel 3.11.1
> applied with x86 patches provided in the llvmlinux main page.But it
> seems like the patches are just for the higher linux kernel
> version,there are a lot of dismatch  for the version 3.11.1.Is there a
> corresponding set of patches for the specific linux kernel version(e.g
> 3.11.1).if it is available,how can i get it ?
No one in the project is currently maintaining patch sets specifically
for released versions of the kernel. We're mostly focused on getting
patches into the next merge window.

That being said, if someone would like to maintain patch sets for
different kernel versions, we'd be happy to host them. We can do that
more easily now in the kernel tree.

> Are there any suggestions about how to get the solution when i
> encounter compilation problem with clang?like some forums for question
> and answer,or blog ,or site. because i find the llvmlinux IRC  is very
> silent.
This mailing list or IRC are the best places. The IRC channel is quiet,
but we all try to hang out there as much as possible.

behanw at converseincode.com