[llvmlinux] [oe] Clang cross compiler with OpenEmbedded

Roman Khimov roman at khimov.ru
Tue Aug 25 10:52:12 UTC 2015

В письме от 25 августа 2015 01:03:07 пользователь Khem Raj написал:
> We have put together clang as system cross compiler support into
> OpenEmbedded, here is a writeup on how to use it in your setups.
>
> http://himvis.com/using-clang-with-openembeddedyocto-project/

Do you have any plans to support scan-build analysis?

We have had one in Altell but with a gross hack (and even that based on OE
classic) --- we'd built native clang and then used a special task between
configure and compile stages that copied its script (run.do_scanbuild) into
another one, mangled it heavily to override $CC and $CXX, and after that ran
that script under scan-build (with --use-cc and --use-c++ pointing to the
proper GCC toolchain), then reconfigured again for normal build.

That worked with some exceptions and allowed us to make static analysis of our
whole build, but it was kludgy and not that efficient. I guess that with a
proper cross-compiling Clang toolchain things could be done way more easily
right at the compile stage.