[llvmlinux] scan-build/ccc-analyzer broken?

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Thu Oct 8 03:45:54 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

Running "make kernel-scan-build" results in some nasty errors --
missing includes like stdarg.h or asm/linkage.h, invalid typedefs with
__kernel_size_t, etc. It seems like it's not finding the right include
directory. I've seen various mailing list posts from a long time ago
advocating the use of -isystem, but this doesn't work.

What's the status with scan-build? Is there a way to get it working?

My goal is to scan a out-of-tree module I'm developing, before
submitting it upstream for in-tree inclusion.

Thanks,
Jason