[llvmlinux] "make test" for x86_64 target just hung there, why?

Sedat Dilek sedat.dilek at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 16:10:31 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 10:24 PM, PaX Team <pageexec at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9 Sep 2015 at 12:12, Sedat Dilek wrote:
>
>> I can boot into a CLANG v3.7 compiled kernel when lib/bitmap is
>> compiled with GCC v4.9.
>
> are you sure it's not lib/hweight.o instead? under gcc it's compiled
> with special flags (CONFIG_ARCH_HWEIGHT_CFLAGS) which clang doesn't
> support and we used to patch that out but i have no idea about the
> current state of affairs.

Hi pipacs :-),

if I switch the compiler with the same llvmlinux-patchset and
kernel-config GCC v4.9 builds fine.
So, I am not sure if the CLANG v3.7 compiler is BROKEN when doing
(always-)inlining functions.

Can you give some aid, how to verify if it is a COMPILER problem or a
kernel-side one?

Regards,
- Sedat -