[llvmlinux] "make test" for x86_64 target just hung there, why?

Jan-Simon Moeller dl9pf at gmx.de
Mon Sep 14 13:14:01 UTC 2015

Am Montag, 14. September 2015, 09:04:38 schrieb Sedat Dilek:
> [ CC Jan-Simon ]
>
> So PAX Team confirms that the patch in [3] is still *mandatory* for
> x86_64 arch (together with the patch in [2]) to get a bootable
> Linux-kernel.

Keep in mind, we're talking about 2 moving targets.

We archived it as it is (or was) working without and
the patch as-is is - as we know - a no-go for upstream.

> I can confirm again and again that for Linux x86_64 arch both patches
> [2] and [3] are required to get a bootable Linux-kernel here (here
> means Ubuntu/precise AMD64).

Again, clang evolves rapidly, so this might trigger the issues now.
We can reevaluate the patch or add a better solution based on the
proposals. -> Patches welcome.

JS