[llvmlinux] percpu | bitmap issue? (Cannot boot on bare metal due to a kernel NULL pointer dereference)

Ingo Molnar mingo at kernel.org
Mon Sep 14 12:47:29 UTC 2015

* Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 11:59 AM, Ingo Molnar <mingo at kernel.org> wrote:
> >
> > * Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> From my side... How can the correbolation be improved...?
> >
> > The best workflow would be for someone to send patches that are considered
> > clean enough.
>
> What do you mean by "patches that are considered clean"?
>
> "Clean" in the sense of is-not-a-hackery and/or
> patch-does-not-follow-Linux-kernel-development-guidelines [1]?

Both in the end.

> Oh, if we all would follow Peter H. blog-article "On commit messages" [2].
> ( /me dreams of a better world. )

So if _you_ start sending those patches then you need to fix known problems.
You don't have to keep the patches as-is as you found them, you are free to fix
them, open source and all that.

Just start simple, with a single, obvious looking patch, and we'll see from there
on?

Thanks,

	Ingo