[llvmlinux] "make test" for x86_64 target just hung there, why?

Sedat Dilek sedat.dilek at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 13:41:05 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Jan-Simon Moeller <dl9pf at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am Montag, 14. September 2015, 09:04:38 schrieb Sedat Dilek:
>> [ CC Jan-Simon ]
>>
>> So PAX Team confirms that the patch in [3] is still *mandatory* for
>> x86_64 arch (together with the patch in [2]) to get a bootable
>> Linux-kernel.
>>

> Keep in mind, we're talking about 2 moving targets.
>
> We archived it as it is (or was) working without and
> the patch as-is is - as we know - a no-go for upstream.

In my first lectures in computer science I learned CS is a precise science.

You want to stay "vague"?

In which development environment did what-ever-you-tried work or not?

My development environment:

1. Ubuntu/precise AMD64 (x86 64-bit aka x86_64)
2. Linux-kernel v4.2 with a single llvmlinux patch
3. CLANG v3.7 from my llvm-toolchain v3.7.0
4. IA compiler-flag: -no-integrated-as
5. GCC v4.9

>> I can confirm again and again that for Linux x86_64 arch both patches
>> [2] and [3] are required to get a bootable Linux-kernel here (here
>> means Ubuntu/precise AMD64).
>
> Again, clang evolves rapidly, so this might trigger the issues now.
> We can reevaluate the patch or add a better solution based on the
> proposals. -> Patches welcome.

Sorry, I did not ask if clang's development evolves rapidly.

I had a couple of questions on a specific issue.
You simply dropped all these questions from my original mail (see [1]).
What sort of discussion culture is this?

You simply don't want to answer my questions?
I am fine with that.
Then please do NOT waste my (and others) precious life-time.

- Sedat -

[1] http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/llvmlinux/2015-September/001372.html