[llvmlinux] Rebasing llvmlinux kernel patches to more current kernels

Bernhard Rosenkränzer bernhard.rosenkranzer at linaro.org
Fri Apr 8 16:30:31 UTC 2016

Hi,
more good news - some progress on the rebase. It finishes compiling now,
and even starts to boot, but causes an oops around root fs mount time,
looks like we have a miscompile somewhere in the mmc driver.

The mcount issue is a problem with clang (patch attached, also reported
upstream), everything else is fixed in the kernel repo.

More replies inline:

On 6 April 2016 at 11:13, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am interested in Linux v4.4 LTS and X86_64 aka AMD64.
> Also interested in using stable LLVM/Clang version - not latest Git
> upstream.
> Currently, I use llvm-toolchain v3.8.

Same here, using 3.8 with a few patches unrelated to the kernel.

> There are several issue not solved (see for example [1]) and real
> show-stopper!
> One of you commented below.
>
> > git://android-git.linaro.org/kernel/hikey-clang.git
> >

> Do you have a GitWeb-URL which I can browse with my Firefox?

Sure:
https://android-git.linaro.org/gitweb/kernel/hikey-clang.git/shortlog/refs/heads/android-hikey-linaro-4.4-clang

That mcount is a known issue and derives from function-tracer enabled.
> I recommend to try CONFIG_FTRACE=n.

Fixed it properly with the attached patch.

> So you have your own and new places.
> The question for me is where to do the further development?

Forking the git repository to our server was the fastest way to get things
up - I'll keep stuff there, but wouldn't mind also pushing to the llvmlinux
repo (but probably the master rebase is more interesting there than the
hikey branch).

ttyl
bero