[llvmlinux] Linux Kernel config

Andrew Wells andrewmw94 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 14:54:40 UTC 2016

I was wondering if anyone knows how you are supposed to disable the asm
goto constructs in the linux kernel, even when compiling with a version of
GCC that supports them.  The clang static analyzer can run with gcc as the
compiler (which I think may be the best approach), but the analysis still
uses clang, which does not support asm goto.

Here's what I've tried:
1) run make allnoconfig
This gives me a .config file where CONFIG_JUMP_LABEL is not set.
2)  I then put in the line: CONFIG_JUMP_LABEL=n manually to try to disable
the asm goto constructs.
3)  I run scan-build with GCC, but since GCC supports asm goto in the
kernel, the CONFIG_JUMP_LABEL=n line is removed and clang complains about
the asm goto stuff.

Anyone know of a workaround?