[llvmlinux] GSoC week 4

Andrew Wells andrewmw94 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 02:28:46 UTC 2016

I've been in contact with Alexey Sidorin from the cfe-dev mailing list over
the checkers and the changes needed to make them work with the kernel and
am continuing to work on these changes.  I have two questions that I wanted
to ask this list though:

1)  The file StaticAnalyzer/Checkers/MallocChecker.cpp has mention of the
kmalloc() function but not of kfree().  Alexey said he did not recall any
attempts to support the kernel in the MallocChecker in the past two years.
Does anyone happen to know further details about this?  It shouldn't matter
really, but if there had been attempts and difficulties that had caused
them to cease it would be nice to know about that before hand.
2)  The website for the checker should probably be updated to include the
latest code from kernel and clang.  Not that urgent now, but the output of
the static analyzer is quite large and github, google drive, etc. probably
won't support sharing them so at some point the website should be switched
over to the newer code.  Anything I should be doing to facilitate that?

Hopefully I will have patches ready soon so we can start trying to upstream
them.