[llvmlinux] Compilling Android kernel Problem: value '65536' out of range for constraint 'I'

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 17:30:22 UTC 2016

On 6 March 2016 at 23:18, 姚俊 <yaojun8558363 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is:
> /arch/arm64/include/asm/spinlock.h:61:28: error: value '65536' out of range
> for constraint 'I' : "Q" (lock->owner), "I" (1 << TICKET_SHIFT)

Very weird. 65536 ought to be valid and a small test-case works for
me. Can you get the preprocessed source and command-line to reproduce
it?

The best way to do that is copy/paste the failing command, adding
"-save-temps". That should produce a .i file in the current directory
that has the preprocessed source in there.

Cheers.

Tim.