[llvmlinux] linux kernel library (lkl) + clang

Jens Staal staal1978 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 14:17:51 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I have been playing with building the linux kernel library (lkl) with clang
using the architecture-independent patches from llvmlinux

https://github.com/staalmannen/linux/tree/lkl_clang

Now I have realized that it also builds fine on Windows under msys2 with
clang.

The next challenge will be native Windows LLVM/Clang or perhaps Clang with
Microsoft CodeGen. I have no idea if that will work :)
Building linux as a MSVC-compatible library is quite heretic but might be
interesting for someone (for me is the question basically "can it be done?")

One thing I was going to ask you guys that have more experience with LLVM is
how to fix the circleci build testing. It has been broken for some time now
and I don't know if something changed with regards to the repositories used
for circleci.