[llvmlinux] project status?

Nick Desaulniers nick.desaulniers at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 02:19:58 UTC 2016

Hey All,
I'm interested in compiling the kernel with LLVM.  I was curious what's
the status of this project?  The website seems to show tons of build bot
failures.  The llvmlinux-latest branch seems to be for 3.18 kernels and
the x86_64 patch set doesn't apply cleanly to 4.9.

Looks like there was a meeting back in May:
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/llvmlinux/2016-June/001488.html

Mailing list looks silent Sept and Oct 2016.

I'd appreciate any historical context.  Does anyone have cleaned up
patches for 4.9?  Can we add some more info to the LLVMLinux project web
site for future travelers?

Thanks,
~Nick Desaulniers