[llvmlinux] project status?

Vinicius Tinti viniciustinti at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 14:13:38 UTC 2016

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 12:19 AM, Nick Desaulniers <
nick.desaulniers at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey All,
> I'm interested in compiling the kernel with LLVM.  I was curious what's
> the status of this project?

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately we haven't manage to invest much time on the project.

> The website seems to show tons of build bot
> failures.  The llvmlinux-latest branch seems to be for 3.18 kernels and
> the x86_64 patch set doesn't apply cleanly to 4.9.
>
> Looks like there was a meeting back in May:
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/llvmlinux/2016-
> June/001488.html
>
> Mailing list looks silent Sept and Oct 2016.

Yeah :(.

> I'd appreciate any historical context.  Does anyone have cleaned up
> patches for 4.9?

Not 4.9 but I believe I have something around 4.3. I will check and reply
you.

> Can we add some more info to the LLVMLinux project web
> site for future travelers?

Sure, what do you want to know?

Regards,
Vinicius

> Thanks,
> ~Nick Desaulniers

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication