[llvmlinux] Clang patches rebased to kernel 4.9

Bernhard Rosenkränzer bernhard.rosenkranzer at linaro.org
Thu Feb 2 20:12:16 UTC 2017

Hi,
I've rebased the clang patches to kernel 4.9 (and cleaned them up a little
and added a few new ones needed for new breakages).
The kernel is based on the experimental 4.9 Android kernel for the HiKey
board, but it's possible to build this kernel for x86 (and probably others)
as well.

This kernel lives in the android-hikey-linaro-4.9-clang branch of
https://android-git.linaro.org/kernel/hikey-clang.git

I've also updated the docker image containing the kernel source and the
toolchains I'm using (llvm bits from post-rc1 release_40 branch and
binutils 2.27.90), docker run -ti bero/hikey-kernel-clang

The kernel compiles successfully (checked hikey_defconfig and x86_64
defconfig). Sadly, it doesn't boot on HiKey yet, instead it errors out with

EFI stub: Booting Linux Kernel...

Synchronous Exception at 0x0000000036A2ECF0

Synchronous Exception at 0x0000000036A2ECF0

Synchronous Exception at 0x0000000036A2ECF0

Has anyone seen that type of error before?

ttyl
bero