[llvmlinux] Kernel clang patches rebased to master

Bernhard Rosenkränzer bernhard.rosenkranzer at linaro.org
Thu Feb 23 19:59:19 UTC 2017

Hi,
I've rebased all the clang patches to the mainline kernel. The new tree
still lives in the
https://android-git.linaro.org/kernel/hikey-clang.git
repository, master-clang branch (but it's somewhat misnamed because this
branch doesn't have the Hikey or Android patches -- the
android-hikey-linaro-4.9-clang branch in the same repository does).

It compiles for both aarch64 and x86_64 with fairly complete configs, but
currently fails to boot on my notebook (hopefully different hardware will
behave better ;) ).

Patch count is down to 30, some of which are simple enough to go upstream.

I've tested with clang 4.0-rc2, results with older versions may vary (I've
intentionally dropped a couple of patches that were workarounds for bugs in
old clang -- they likely wouldn't get accepted upstream anyway, given "fix
the compiler" is actually the right advice there, and that advice has been
followed already ;) ).

ttyl
bero