Initial LSB activities

Daniel Quinlan quinlan at transmeta.com
Wed Aug 26 09:30:20 PDT 1998

Dale Scheetz <dwarf at polaris.net> writes:

> I have a problem specifying packages, and more of a problem
> specifying fixed versions of those packages.

The sample implementation will have to include specified packages.  As
new versions of a package are released, the sample implemention will
surely pick-up newer versions (not immediately), but we do need to pay
attention to the version of each particular package so that everyone
tests the same thing.

> It is my expectation that the test suite will validate that the
> "programs" required are available on the system, and that they will
> perform the functions desired. This makes the version numbers
> unnecessary.

I think version numbers will be necessary sometimes because behavior
can change from version to version.

Dan