Initial LSB activities

Eric S. Raymond esr at snark.ccil.org
Wed Aug 26 13:08:01 PDT 1998

Daniel Quinlan <quinlan at transmeta.com>:
> Only a list for now.  I think we should also worry if the list gets
> much longer than a few dozen items.  Also, I think we've pretty much
> decided that Perl is not on the list.

We have?   I must have missed the reasoning here.

I'd like to see Perl, Python, and Tcl all be in the base (even though I
no longer use Perl or Tcl myself).  These scripting languages are increasingly
important for applications; I think a reference system lacking them would
be seriously crippled.
--

Don't think of it as `gun control', think of it as `victim
disarmament'. If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals.