Robert Current rob at
Wed Dec 2 17:01:57 PST 1998

About a seperate standard orginization for GUI (X), any word?
Who's been contacted, and by who, and what have they had to say?

"GNOME Window Manager Compliance Spec" on SlashDot has launched another
KDE vs. GNOME flame war.  And it seems that they are moving farther away
from common ground now, creating "standards" on thier own without a
round table discussion with members from other camps.

I'd be interested to hear what progress has been made on bring them
together, rather than the "flame bait" on slashdot.

"Robert W. Current" <rob at> - email                - personal web site
"Hey mister, turn it on, turn it up, and turn me loose." - Dwight Yoakam