Aaron adg1653 at
Wed Dec 2 18:40:05 PST 1998

I'm no authority, but I'm trying to compile a list of stuff *I'd* like
to see in such a project. I was planning on posting it (or a link to it)
here, because I know there are several people interested in such an
endeavor. Someone suggested, such a project (I've was calling it GUISE,
but now I've started calling it DESC [Desktop Environment Services
Compatibility] Project, but who really cares what it's really called) would
need to be headed by those who have experience in implementations (such
as GNOME and KDE developers). I agree, but I'd also say it needs to be
50/50 (at least) with application developers, because those are the folks
the project would be aimed at. The app developers would know what they *want*,
the GUI developers would know how to bring it to them. Anyways, someday
maybe I'll post my ideas ;-)

I was deep in meditation when Robert Current awoke me by saying: