Form XSB, take some load off LSB.

Marcin Krol lug at btweng.krakow.pl
Thu Nov 26 04:28:20 PST 1998

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, imrana wrote:

> >I totally agree... If I may suggest, I would say that maybe a "XSB"
> >should be formed, separate from "LSB" and the "XSB" can be a "layer"
> >added onto the top of the "LSB" at a later date.

> By the help of this thread it is becoming more clearer that there is a need
> for XSB (or whatever you call. Perhaps a name more "GUI"ish may be more
> appropriate.)

1. There is more than desktop issue here, it is about linux
and common ground in higher OS levels. Something like:

-------------

App config,
desktop, and lots
of other hl things

(High Level
Interoperability
Group or something
like that)

-------------

Libs and other
software found
in every distr

(LSB)

Kernel
(Linus and co.)

2. Call it anything but "standard" - this word triggers <whatever
wm there is> proponent to dig up their nuke launch codes. :-)

 Marcin Krol