X11 file locations

Stuart Anderson anderson at metrolink.com
Wed Mar 17 06:49:31 PST 1999

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Pofeng Lee wrote:

> > XFree86 provides xdm, but not the method for starting it. If you dig
> > deep enough into the docs, there is a suggestion to use /etc/inittab
> > to start it, but I don't think that any of the distributions are really
> > doing it that way.
>
> Do u mean this ?

I meant that I didn't _think_ anyone was doing it that way, but I have since
been proven wrong for at least two distribution. 8-). Please ignore the last
past of my previous statement.

> RedHat 5.2  /etc/initab
>
> # Run xdm in runlevel 5
> x:5:respawn:/usr/bin/X11/xdm -nodaemon

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson at metrolink.com

Metro Link Incorporated                          South Carolina Office
4711 North Powerline Road                        129 Secret Cove Drive
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309                   Lexington, SC 29072
voice: 954.938.0283                              voice: 803.951.3630
fax:   954.938.1982                              SkyTel: 800.405.3401
http://www.metrolink.com/