rpm - packages incompatible

Daniel Quinlan quinlan at transmeta.com
Wed Mar 31 19:01:50 PST 1999

Thomas Fuerle <fuerle at vipios.pri.univie.ac.at> writes:

> IMHO I hope linuxbase is the correct place to discuss this issues,
> otherwise we have in one or two years RH and nothing else ... because
> nothing is compatible anymore or R.H. certified ... strange

This isn't the LSB problem's.  It's either Red Hat's or SuSE's.

The LSB specification, which may specify a standard package format
(maybe just RPM for now), will say what the packages should look like,
and maybe specify how the installation tool works (again, maybe just
"rpm"), but I don't see how that applies to either core dumping
programs *or* today's distributions.

- Dan