Submitted for your approval: White paper draft

Evan Leibovitch evan at starnix.com
Fri Apr 7 06:50:46 PDT 2000

When I said the other day that ISVs were already inventing their own
"standard", I wasn't saying that as a threat or, only an observation of
reality. It's this kind of announcement that really hurts us:

http://www.newsalert.com/bin/story?StoryId=CooWlWbWbu0zusdeWmq&FQ=Linux&Nav=na-search-&StoryTitle=Linux

Every time a company does this kind of thing and goes public with it, we
increase the risk of a follow-the-leader type of "standard" that, left to
its own evolution, could become as widely accepted as anything the LSB can
deliver. There's no indication that a strategic relationship between
Rational and RH exists, yet there they are shipping a distro-specific app.