LAN(AN)A

H. Peter Anvin hpa at transmeta.com
Sun Apr 9 19:36:53 PDT 2000

Hi all,

Recently, yet another discussion on linux-kernel has indicated that we
really do need to formalize a Linux Assigned Names And Numbers Authority
(LANA/LANANA).  I have volunteered to do this, after maintaining the
Linux device name- and numberspace for the past five years.

I have checked, and the name lanana.org is available (lana.org is taken
but appears to be a squatter.)  Would anyone be willing to spring for
the registration fee for this?

	-hpa

P.S. <Wish> It would be really nice if some of the new multi-G$ Linux
companies would buy Linux Online and make the name linux.org available
to the community, preferrably under Linus' control.  We have a huge and
painful proliferation of random domains, and it's not a good thing.