Comments on GNOME Foundation?

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Tue Aug 22 00:42:20 PDT 2000

agx <agx at linux.it>:
> Second IMHO i think that Linus, Alan and other major Linux
> developers should go down in the "war field" and give their
> official support to the LSB in order to
>   1) forse distribution makers to be compliant
>   2) forse developers to follow the standards

Your thinking is deeply confused.  Linus and Alan have no coercive power
to "forse" anyone to do anything.  And a damn good thing too, much as I
like them both.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice; moderation in the
pursuit of justice is no virtue."
	-- Barry Goldwater (actually written by Karl Hess)