Comments on GNOME Foundation?

Aaron Gaudio adg1653 at cs.rit.edu
Tue Aug 22 11:08:58 PDT 2000

Doh...bad forward :)

Actually, GNOME is written in C. And the best thing to standardize would not
be binary interfaces (since both GNOME and KDE have numerous bindings in
other languages), but IDL interfaces. I know both use CORBA (how extensively
I know not), and since the IDL is language-independant (it can be compiled to
interfaces for any language for which an ORB exists), it would be the most
generic level. Of course, I still stand by what I have said previously, that
the time is not yet right for LSB to consider them for standardization.

And lo, the chronicles report that Mario Klebsch spake thusly unto the masses:

> --

Aaron Gaudio
icy_manipulator @ mindless.com
                       http://www.rit.edu/~adg1653
"The fool finds ignorance all around him. The wise man finds ignorance within."