Chapter 13 again ...

Wichert Akkerman wichert at cistron.nl
Sun Jul 23 03:51:45 PDT 2000

Previously Erik Troan wrote:
> The database format you propose will be extremely slow btw. I know that
> Red Hat, and I'm sure that Debian, spend an inordinate amount of timing
> on their database design to make sure tha t large package transactions
> run as quickly as possible.

Actually we spent a lot of time making sure that our database will be
consistent no matter what happens (powerdown in the middle of an installation,
disk errors, etc.). Optimizing for speed was less important (still is imho).

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert at wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |