Packaging

Robert W. Current current at hel-inc.com
Thu Mar 16 19:42:47 PST 2000

I would like to raise the issue of pitfalls in defining RPM as the
"mandated" packaging system for the LSB.  Although I will concede that
RPM is fairly standard, it is potentially harmful to impose a packaging
standard.

Can this be avoided by an investigation a standardization effort in the
packaging community itself?  For example, can we bring representatives
from the different packaging application developers to a single forum to
discuss a method of sharing a common "packing accounting system"  ??