My ideas on LSB

Daniel Quinlan quinlan at transmeta.com
Wed Mar 22 04:31:58 PST 2000

tytso <tytso at mit.edu> writes:

> This has been declared outside the scope of the LSB.  (You were the one
> complaining about too big scopes, right?)  Realistically, right now most
> of the ISV's that are porting programs to Linux (especially from other
> Unix systems) are currently not using Gnome or KDE, but are rather using
> raw X or Motif.

It's still outside our scope, but companies porting non-Unix
applications to Linux are starting to look at GNOME and/or KDE.

I'm in favor of eventually adding on optional specifications for GNOME
and/or KDE, but it needs to be done in one or more separate working
groups.  A few GNOME people said they might be interested in that.

Dan