Wake Up and Smell the Coffee It's Not 1970!

Dave Boynton dboynton at worldnet.att.net
Thu Mar 23 18:55:16 PST 2000

Greg Hayes wrote:
> It's no longer the day of command line only!

I've had the misfortunate to use the GUI tools of many big companies,
and they typically are useful for administrating systems one at a time.
Therefore, I and the folks I work with only use the command line tools,
because we can script them, and that scales alot better.

My vote goes to NOT require even the X libraries in the base system. Not
due to any concern of disk space, but the possibility that some lame-oid
Micro$oft-like company will ship a product without adequate command line
tools.

Dave Boynton