Email Advertising Special--Ends Friday

Hugo.van.der.Kooij at caiw.nl Hugo.van.der.Kooij at caiw.nl
Sat Mar 25 14:09:00 PST 2000

On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Jim Knoble wrote:

> Is there some way we can stop this crap from getting to the mailing
> lists?  This is one of at least a dozen from the last month.  Who
> administers the lists?

their mailserver.

I advised them to inspect incoming messages to verify that either the To:
or Cc: was set to the mailinglist itself. (I've done so myself on another
mailinglist and it keeps out most SPAM.)

All very recent ones however were addressed to the mailinglist and can't
be stopped that way unless the list becomes moderated or restricted to
members only.

Hugo.

hvdkooij at caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/