Wake Up and Smell the Coffee It's Not 1970!

delau vincent at delau.demon.nl
Mon Mar 27 12:22:58 PST 2000

> > Then when a software developer can look too the specs and decide wich
> > level his application reuires. The linux distributors can have options
in
> > their installation to install up to a certain level.
>
> This is probably the best reason for specing levels that I've
> heard so far. It would be great that if a distribution is LSB
> complient it ensures there is an option to install to particular
> level.
>
> However it should be remembered that graphical application
> developers are probably the main target of the LSB.

How about dedicated servers? It would be nice if I could select "LSB Core"
and "Bind" for a dedicated DNS server. I wouldn't need X or any other GUI
for that, do I? And because I installed a LSB compliant system, I should be
able to add another package to add functionality (a FTP server to load my
zone files for example).

--
Vincent de Lau (vincent at delau.demon.nl)