Shoot me now

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Tue May 2 20:07:50 PDT 2000

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 07:32:07PM -0400, Erik Troan wrote:
> On Tue, 2 May 2000, Nicholas Petreley wrote:
> > Wrapper scripts are the way to go, I guess, but then
> > you're still talking about what shell will execute
> > the wrapper.  Which means we define which shells must
> > exist on the system, right?

#!/bin/sh will exist on the system. It'll be at least POSIX compliant.
Making /bin/bash also exist on the system might not be a bad idea, either.

This is all already covered in Debian's policy document, btw.

Cheers,
aj

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

                                      -- Dave Clark