LSB and Li18nux jointly incorporate as Free Standards Group

Daniel Quinlan quinlan at transmeta.com
Mon May 8 18:24:51 PDT 2000

(just in case you didn't see the press release yet)

I'm pleased to announce that LSB and Li18nux have jointly incorporated
as the Free Standards Group, a non-profit corporation.

For now, our mission, charter, organizational structure, process,
membership, and other details will remain pretty much the same, although
now we won't be operating in a legal vacuum and we will be able to put
more resources on the LSB.  I expect we'll be working somewhat closer
with the Li18nux folks now (Stuart and I have been following their
progress), but the LSB and Li18nux specifications won't be merging
anytime soon.

The press release is located at:

  http://www.freestandards.org/news/2000/20000508.shtml

Dan