PROPOSAL: licensing guidelines

Maurizio De Cecco maurizio at mandrakesoft.com
Wed May 17 06:54:40 PDT 2000

Erik Troan <ewt at redhat.com> writes:

> >    - Clause 9. License Must Not Contaminate Other Software.
> >
> >       While using the GPL for libraries is conformant with this OSD
> >       requirement, we do not want the runtime linking of any GPL
> >       libraries to be required for conformance with our standards.

The standard define the API, while the licence cover the implementation, right ?

Should this then translate that the standard should include only library APIs for which
at least one Open Source that is not GPL implementation exists ?

Who is going to explain this to Mr. Stallman ?

Maurizio

--
Maurizio De Cecco
MandrakeSoft 		http://www.mandrakesoft.com/