An idea for tracking software install...

Peter Makholm peter at makholm.net
Sat Nov 4 08:28:13 PST 2000

Dan Kegel <dank at alumni.caltech.edu> writes:

> In other words, add hooks to the RPM database into the 'install' utility?

Is the RPM-database a flat textfile?

I don't know what it have to do with linux standard base, but
sometimes it would be nice if install had some logging options, and
preferably some that could be enabled without touching the options.

Some makefile systems just grows to big and complicated.

--
"If I had been brought up in a different time [...] perhaps I'd
 be totally comfortable in ML and would find C unsafe, a little