[Freestandards-ldps] BUGS in LDPS 1.0-beta

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Mon Oct 23 16:59:08 PDT 2000

Jim Kingdon <kingdon at panix.com>:
> A few noteworthy messages are:
>
> http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/lw-2000-10/lw-10-penguin_3.html
>   in which Nick very correctly points out the problem
>
> http://lists.sourceforge.net/pipermail/freestandards-ldps/2000-October/000128.html
>   the most recent in an ongoing thread in which we try to figure out
>   whether static linking would in fact solve the problem

Now I understand.  I'm quite familiar with the underlying problem.  Dickey
is a good debugger, but a lousy designer/release-engineer/manager.

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my
contempt.  He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the
spinal cord would fully suffice.
	-- Albert Einstein